avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] GenericblockContext (was Re: BlockContext & Merlin).
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:42:22 GMT

Peter Royal wrote:
> On Monday 26 August 2002 07:37 am, Paul Hammant wrote:
>
>>(*) The Avalon team recommends that Phoenix compatile container include
>>phoenix-client.jar in their distribution and make it visible to hosted
>>components at runtime. The Avalon team recommends that Phoenix
>>compatible containers hide their implementations of BlockContext in the
>>kernel's classloader and further hide the impl via use of a
>>Refelection's dynamic proxy.

-1

Containers should not be dependent from one another, because it creates
nasty dependencies that can become very difficult to track down, and
overall creates major confusion for the users.

They should only depend on Avalon Framework, which is the contract.
All other dependencies shall be internal, and not exposed.

Separation of Concerns: Any container shall only define contracts that
pertain to his capabilities.
Any use by a containers of components of another container must be
hidden by encapsulation of the latter, or by the use of defined
avalon-framework contracts.

The bottom line: if I want to use Phoenix-aware Components I put Phoenix
in my Container hierarchy.
If the Components do not necessarily depend on Phoenix, they must be
written to be Container indipendent.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -