avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: common attributes revisited (Re: BlockContext & Merlin.)
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:07:51 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:

>>>Given that there is work ongoing concerning a common set of attributes
>>>and keys, is it likely that the changes in Phoenix will be synchronized
>>>with other Avalon projects? In particular, could someone involved in
>>>Phoenix comment on the proposed attribute and context key values
>>>published under the excalibur/container package?
>>>

>>They are different from the ones I am working on. I will publish the
>>attributes/key names that Phoenix will use when they are closer to being
>>complete.
>>

>I'd suggest against such a process flow. Since I am sure I will be using
>my components in different containers in the future, I want these key
>names to be the same, especially since I can see no reason not to make
>them the same. I urge you to consolidate efforts now.
>
>Discussion may be tiring, but with issues like this, it is important we
>figure things out sooner rather than later (when it is all in a released
>product and impossible to change).

+1

Leo:

I've put together documentation concerning all of the keys and type level
attributes that I consider to be cross-container related. The documentation
has been put under the excalibur/container package in the xdocs directory.

The documentation is intended to provide information/proposals about common
container keys, attributes, services, etc.  and is not intended to be
specific
to any particular container.

To build the docs just use the "ant xdocs" target then checkout the
generated
html in build/docs.

Cheers, Steve.

>cheers,