avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DTD compat -- red herring?
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 23:58:08 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 23:44, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>>We want to get an agreement on what to do for the present and future
>>with regards to unified Component Model, Merlin, Fortress, Phoenix, et all.
>>
>>"Discussions get forgotten, just code remains."
>>
>>I will strongly oppose and veto any "compromise".
>>I want the *solution*.
>>

>The only real solution is to use the ContainerKit model.

<snip missleading contet/>

>What is the problem with that?

Lots.

* no suport for the management of lifestyle extensions
* no support for the management of dynamic context
* not support for type based default configurations
* impossible to use in dynamic assembly scenarios
* does not incorporate requires from other projects
* is controlled by Pete

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell