avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: lifecycle extension proposal
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:07:49 GMT

Marcus Crafter wrote:

>Hi Stephen,
>
>	Sorry, I'm coming into the thread a little late - I'll have a look at
>	what you've done in Merlin below and send in some comments soon.

Great!
I'm looking forward to ticking that one off the list,

>	Are you in the process of splitting up the jar files now ?

If you happy with the org.apache.ezcalibur.container.lifecycle stuff
(inside the excalibur/assembly CVS), I'll package it up into a seperate
jar file ASAP.

>	Assuming the extension models are now consolidated - the next thing in
>	the lifecycle extension world to look at was the session proposal
>	from Berin, archived under
>	http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=102742811501755&w=2.
>
>	Have you investigated this one already ?

Nope - I actually want to finalize the lifestyle content first (any help
from Fortress people appraciated).  Basically singleton and transient
are in place.  Getting in mpool based pooled policy and per-thread would
wrap that item up nicely.  Fro there I would like to do a review of the
meta model package - make sure all the doc is ok, check consistency in
method naming, class naming etc. then push this into a seperate project.
 After that, update Merlin 2.0 to use the "common" meta-model and get an
alpha release out the door.

Cheers, Steve.