avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: lifecycle extension proposal
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:00:48 GMT

> OK
>
> After seperation of profile deployment from instance instantiation I can
> now provide context to all stages.
>
> I'll go ahead and update Merlin's extension framework to the following:
>
>   interface Creator
>   {
>        void create( Object object, Context context ) throws Exception;
>        void destroy( Object object, Context context );
>   }
>
>   interface Accessor
>   {
>        void access( Object object, Context context ) throws Exception;
>        void release( Object object, Context context );
>   }
>
> Cheers, Steve.

DONE.

Merlin now provides full support for lifestyle extension based on the
above interfaces.  I've include the Creator and Accessor interfaces and
container independent abstract classes in the package
org.apache.excalibur.container.lifecycle.* For the moment these are
included in the merlin jar file but I'll come up with a seperate
excalibur-container jar in the near future that can be used indepedently
of Merlin.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell