avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: excalibur source code
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 08:51:14 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 05:05:49PM +0200, timo.dreiser@basf-it-services.com wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>My name is Timo Dreiser and I would like to migrate a cocoon source
>>implementation to the new cocoon 2.1
>>Therefore I have to change something in my source code, because several
>>interfaces are now part of excalibur (e.g. Source).
>>
>>In cocoon 2.1 I have the jar-file for excalibur ...vm12-20020705.jar.
>>Can you tell me, how I can get the source for this jar-file?
>>I have only the source from version 4.1 (2002-01-30) and this does not match.
>>

>Perhaps Cocoon people should store a snapshot of Excalibur's source when
>creating such jars..

I think David needs to check what exactly Cocoon is using from
Excalibur.  The Excalibur project contains dozens of sub-projects - and
things like Merlin are not being used in the current Cocoon suite. If
David does a checkout the things Cocoon actually need he should not have
any problems.

Cheers, Steve.

>Anyway, you'll have to fetch it from CVS. If you're on Windows, you'll
>need to get WinCVS or cygwin. There's instructions at
>http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html. If you have cygwin/bash,
>type:
>
>export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@jakarta.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
>cvs login
>[type 'anoncvs']
>export CVS_RSH=ssh
>cvs checkout jakarta-avalon-excalibur
>cd jakarta-avalon-excalibur    # Get the latest source
>cvs update -D 7/05/02   # Revert back to the Cocoon snapshot
>
>Or let me know and I'll send you a snapshot offlist (it's quite big).
>
>--Jeff
>

>>I am looking forward to hearing from you.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Timo

>>BASF IT Services GmbH
>>ES-AP - RAT17