avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stanley <mstan...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] .NET implementation of Avalon framework.
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 21:53:56 GMT
Either way, its just another example of how MS embraces standards and
interopability.  They've done a lot of marketing to lure java developers
back to MS technology.  I would hate to see the #1 Java OSS community
propagate this further.  But I'm sure this is something that will need
to be resolved by the ASF and the Jakarta Project.  I would hope to see
a new comunity spring up around C# development, sooner rather than
later, but its not really my place to say as I'm just a long term lurker.

Mike

- Again I welcome these projects into the world, for the day when I'm
*forced* to write C#, I will have a familiar framework and tools to work
with.

Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>From: Peter Royal [mailto:proyal@apache.org]

>>>I don't think anyone wants to use MS JDK 1.1.4 for real...
>>
>>Would it not have been easier to use "J# for .NET" though?
>>http://msdn.microsoft.com/vjsharp/default.asp
>

> That's what J# is:  MS JDK 1.1.4 under a new name.
>

> --

<Mike/>