avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] GenericblockContext (was Re: BlockContext & Merlin).
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:05:46 GMT
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:46, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Peter Donald wrote:
> >>Lets get a collaborative solution on meta-info that we are all
> >>comfortable with first?
> >
> >If you are comfortable with what you have done then go with it. I am
> >comfortable with what I have done so I am going with it.
>
> So in other words - forget about collaboration.

No - as long as you want to cooperate then you are welcome to join in the CK
stuff. If you want I can separate out the info stuff to a proposal directory.

However I don't think it is wise to bind to specific implementation strategies
and nor do I think it is wise to support N different component models when 1
is enough.

> >Time will tell who was right and who was wrong.
>
> Don't worry Pete - I am confident - totally and blindly confident - that
> you will be right and I will be wrong. It actually makes me feel all
> warn and fluffy knowing that we have someone here with such vision, such
> engagement, such intelligence, such integrity - the oracle - god's right
> hand little boy. It humbles me to know that in the fullness of time you
> will be there to explain to me the errors of my ways, to point to what
> it could have been if only I listened, if I only I had accepted the
> perls of wisdom - blindly, without question, without justification,
> without rationale - if only I had ignored the others - forgotten about
> those almost hidden voices - you know, the users - those little insecure
> voices that say they want different things - things to solve what they
> believe are real problems. You will show me the light - I'll recognize
> the error of my ways - and I'll thank you.

and you wonder why people would not want to work with you? hmmmm.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald