avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BlockContext & Merlin.
Date Sun, 25 Aug 2002 01:24:48 GMT
On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 05:29, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Peter Donald wrote:
> >On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:12, Paul Hammant wrote:
> >>1) Merlin includes phoenix-client.jar and provides alternate
> >>implemetations of the BlockContext interface.
> >
> >Thats the only real solution at this stage.
>
> If this is the only real solution - would it not make more sense for
> this to be included as part of the Phoenix CVS?

The same reason I told you the last time, and the time before that, and the
time before that and ...

ie It will not be possible to implement it in the future if all the features
planned for BlockContext get implemented.

> Given that there is work ongoing concerning a common set of attributes
> and keys, is it likely that the changes in Phoenix will be synchronized
> with other Avalon projects? In particular, could someone involved in
> Phoenix comment on the proposed attribute and context key values
> published under the excalibur/container package?

They are different from the ones I am working on. I will publish the
attributes/key names that Phoenix will use when they are closer to being
complete.

> I should point out that I don't
> think a common interface is terribly high on the agenda when compared to
> things like common context key, meta-data attributes, common DTDs for
> meta-info. At least the feeback I'm getting is that the user-community
> wants to see interoperability and consistency.

Heh. Remember that you are the person who choose to fork that work. As a
result there is unlikely to be any commonality unless you decide to track CK
stuff.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald