avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DTD compat -- red herring?
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:12:52 GMT
On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 23:44, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> We want to get an agreement on what to do for the present and future
> with regards to unified Component Model, Merlin, Fortress, Phoenix, et all.
>
> "Discussions get forgotten, just code remains."
>
> I will strongly oppose and veto any "compromise".
> I want the *solution*.

The only real solution is to use the ContainerKit model. With it you get will
compatability between all the containers. Phoenix will use it directly while
Merlin will load it through its own Type loader. If you choose to use Merlin
specific xml format then you will be bound to Merlin.

What is the problem with that?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald