avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing excalibur subprojects
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:15:53 GMT
On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:09, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> can someone give me a hint on what's the procedure to release a
> subproject? Is a vote necessary?

There is no real formal process for release. Usually it is lazy consensus for
components that are already released so just state intentions and unless
anyone objects go for it.

However we require a vote to go for a component to move from alpha to released
which I believe those components are doing? ANyways I would be +1 for
promoting xmlutil and sourceresolve (don't use store). One thing I would like
to see is for sourceresolve to be upgraded so that components do not
implement Component interface however that requires changes to cocoon
presumably ...

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald