avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: lifecycle extension proposal
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:43:48 GMT
Hi Stephen,

	Sorry, I'm coming into the thread a little late - I'll have a look at
	what you've done in Merlin below and send in some comments soon.

	Are you in the process of splitting up the jar files now ?

	Assuming the extension models are now consolidated - the next thing in
	the lifecycle extension world to look at was the session proposal
	from Berin, archived under
	http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=102742811501755&w=2.

	Have you investigated this one already ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 01:00:48PM +0200, Stephen McConnell wrote:

> >OK
> >
> >After seperation of profile deployment from instance instantiation I can
> >now provide context to all stages.
> >
> >I'll go ahead and update Merlin's extension framework to the following:
> >
> >  interface Creator
> >  {
> >       void create( Object object, Context context ) throws Exception;
> >       void destroy( Object object, Context context );
> >  }
> >
> >  interface Accessor
> >  {
> >       void access( Object object, Context context ) throws Exception;
> >       void release( Object object, Context context );
> >  }
> >
> >Cheers, Steve.
>

> DONE.
>
> Merlin now provides full support for lifestyle extension based on the
> above interfaces.  I've include the Creator and Accessor interfaces and
> container independent abstract classes in the package
> org.apache.excalibur.container.lifecycle.* For the moment these are
> included in the merlin jar file but I'll come up with a seperate
> excalibur-container jar in the near future that can be used indepedently
> of Merlin.
>
> Cheers, Steve.
>
> --
>
> Stephen J. McConnell
>
> OSM SARL
> digital products for a global economy
> mailto:mcconnell@osm.net
> http://www.osm.net
>

> --

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: