avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Build option question
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 15:05:20 GMT
On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 10:28:10AM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> How would I go about creating a big jar that included all the necessary
> support classes in a master-fortress.jar?

There's no nice automated Ant solution, but it's possible to get a jar
list as a side-effect of the dependency checking. See attached email.
Steps are:

1) Create a temp directory:
  mkdir /tmp/fortressjars
2) Delete all compiled jars from Excalibur, to ensure the depchecker
reaches them all:
  cd ~/jakarta-avalon-excalibur
  find . -name "dist" -or -name "build" -exec rm -r {} \;
3) Run:
 ant -Djardir=/tmp/fortressjars

I get:
$ ls -1 /tmp/fortressjars/
avalon-framework.jar
excalibur-collections-1.0.jar
excalibur-component-1.0.jar
excalibur-event-1.0a.jar
excalibur-instrument-0.3.jar
excalibur-instrument-manager-0.3.jar
excalibur-instrument-manager-interfaces-0.3.jar
excalibur-logger-1.0.jar
excalibur-sourceresolve-1.0.jar
logkit.jar

Then delete framework and logkit, and then merge by hand or with

I'd imagine Maven isn't too far away from allowing this sort of thing.

--Jeff