avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject [Fwd: New Avalon application proposal]
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:28:03 GMT

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Tomasz Skutnik <Tomasz.Skutnik@e-point.pl>
To: avalon-users@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: New Avalon application proposal
Date: 29 Aug 2002 08:51:17 +0200

Hello.

As some of you recall
(http://www.mail-archive.com/avalon-users%40jakarta.apache.org/msg00163.html)
I've proposed some time ago contributing little Ant invoking server.
But, given Jeffs inspiration, here is what I was able to create in the
spare time I've had. This is generalized application invoker, based on
Forehead framework.

Application can be downloaded from
http://scooter.ext.e-point.pl/apprunner.tar.gz

Everything  is inside - just unpack to jakarta-avalon-apps/ CVS
directory and build (ant dist or ant sar). This is by no means complete
project, and I'm not going to stop it's development, but I think it's
the time to show it to the  world. Read docs, play with sample
configured apps, beware of multiple threads :) (see known issues section).

I post it as evaluation/demo, and do not expect it to be commited in
soon, if at all (I'd even hold its commiting for some time because of
some *important* issues that need to be resolved - see inside docs). If
someone is going to commit it anyway, please check if links for download
page (which in fact doesn't work now for any Avalon application) and API
documentation works.

I've tried to adhere to Jakarta standards as close as possible and
comment havily, but as alway something could have slipped out of my
hands, so any comments/improvements are welcome.

Thanks.

Have as much fun, as I had coding this project and learning Avalon.

--

Tomasz Skutnik, R&D Director, www.e-point.pl
tel +48 (22) 853 48 30, mob +48 501 555 705, fax +48 (22) 853 48 30