avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [Vote] Mediation or not.
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:37:03 GMT
On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 22:38, Leo Sutic wrote:

> > From: Paul Hammant [mailto:Paul_Hammant@yahoo.com]
> >
> > Avalon Committers : I'd like a vote of confidence please.
>
> +100 for trying, mate.
>
> +1 for keeping on trying, but
>
> +0 for your chances of success.

+1 to those, except I think +1 from all of the committers on this one
will improve that +0 to at least +.5 (which is probably why Paul asks
for it)

<snip>
> design by Guru is a remarkably
> fast way of getting good stuff done fast fast fast, because you don't
> have to spend time explaining the vision or plan and align everyone.

+1. However, I don't care that much about "fast fast fast" with regards
to avalon in general. If it takes 6 months to get a cross-container,
extensible, dynamic, well-designed meta system as opposed to 2 weeks for
a phoenix-only system, I say take 8 months and include docs ;)

I recognize everyone has different needs and agendas though...

<snip>
> (Alternatively we could just dump all this component portability
> thing and get on with everything like we did before.)

-1. That sounds like a stop on improvement ;)

cheers,

Leo Simons