avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Maven integration
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2002 11:43:09 GMT
On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 10:34, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Peter Donald wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to start testing maven for integration into CVS. Avalons repos
> > are not as easy to maintain hence a better build system would be great. The
> > existing buid system would stick around until Maven is accepted or removed.

at which point we will have a majority vote I guess; I will -1 actually
moving to maven as long as it is in beta. I am +1 on testing maven for
integration into CVS.

> -1
>
> Maven is in beta.
> I strongly oppose even slightly hinting that Avalon is built with a beta
> build tool, also given that the POM and the descriptor are still in a
> flux and still being discussed.

it is okay to have an optional 'alpha build system' that uses maven; it
seems stupid to disregard possible improvements at this point. I'd ask
you to reconsider.

> If you want to test Maven, fine, but do it on your computer, not in CVS.

But doing it in CVS allows interested parties to help out, look at what
is possible, etc etc.

Perhaps doing a branch is a good idea here?

cheers,

- Leo