avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: where I'm going with avalon
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:48:27 GMT
On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 12:43, Peter Royal wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 August 2002 05:41 am, Leo Simons wrote:
> > This as opposed to the current situation where I run phoenix within
> > catalina and everything in there.
> >
> > When I get there, what I want is to eliminate the some---protocol and
> > have the inter-component communication flow through method calls (ie
> > ComponentManager). The problem I see is catalina.
>
> You can run Catalina inside of Phoenix, check out the avalon-apps/sevak. There
> is also the Jo! servlet container that runs inside of phoenix too.
> -pete

I know, and I do =)

The problem is that getting an instance of a component hosted by phoenix
inside a component inside merlin inside catalina is a bit difficult
because of the "inside catalina" part. Anyone follow that? ;)

Basically, I have a component in Merlin (well, I will have) that
currently does:

socket = cm.lookup("socket.to.component.in.phoenix");
// ...
result = socket.createCall( myData ).execute();

Where I would like it to do:

comp = cm.lookup("component.in.phoenix");
result = comp.myDataMethod();

cheers,

Leo