avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: C# Avalon place and build system
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 09:03:43 GMT
On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 03:25, Leif Mortenson wrote:
> I am just a little worried about this increasing the overall size of the
> CVS repositories.  It already takes
> quite a while to do an update -d.

+1000

> What about creating jakarta-avalon-cs and jakarta-avalon-excalibur-cs
> repositories.  That way they could
> have the structure which makes the most sense for C# without having it
> clutter up the Java structure
> (and vica versa)  It also seems that most people will be working with
> either one or the other and not both.

yes please =)

Other than that, where no C# precedent exists, I'd like the general
structure we use

/build.xml
/default.properties
/<module>
	/src
		/cs
		/conf
		/xdocs
		/bla
	/build.xml
	/default.properties
	/building.txt
	/readme.txt

	/build
		/lib
		/docs
			/api
	/dist
		<whatever>
	/distributions
		<binaries>

to remain, where <module> is not used in the case of modules with their
own CVS (ie framework, phoenix, logkit).

then again, that's only because I think such an organisation is nice. I
can imagine C# projects using a setup like Visual Studio.Net has by
default (assuming it has one), for example.

cheers,

Leo