avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Extensible Lifecycle Requirements
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 08:36:49 GMT
> Which is exactly Peter's point.  Stage should mean the
> individual lifecycle interface.  That way you, me, Peter,
> and everyone else is speaking the same language.
>
> The Phase term was used because it has the notion of a
> _group_ of steps or stages.

okay, all I ment to say is that if the meaning of the term 'phase' is
cloudy, it should not be used.

wrt "stage", I think the term has been in the various part of the
framework docs for a long time so we should keep it, with the same
meaning.

cheers,

Leo, who is the middle of moving house so may be missing stuff