avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Huw Roberts <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log Management
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2002 18:26:33 GMT
Hi Paul, you wrote on 8/4/02 1:08:13 AM:

>Huw,
>
>Might this also support reroutable loggers?  A File based logger for a
>component could, under administrator control, be rerouted to a JMS based
>one.  Perhaps 'addtion to' as well as 'alternative' are possible with a
>live configurable logger.
>
>- Paul

So basically that would mean adding a new logging target via the exposed management interface?

The biggest problem I see with doing this is supporting it across the various logging implementations
- which makes me think the best way to do that is to figure out how to define and export management
functionality specific to the logging implementation.  I'll put my subconscious to work on
it :)

- Huw