avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Meta: Where to begin?
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:57:17 GMT
Where does Meta begin?  There are the TypeBuilders the XMLTypeBuilder,
etc.  However, how do we verify the component and set it up?  How do
we know which implementations to load in?  We declare dependencies
on interfaces not implementations (at least we should), so if we have
a config passed in to our container how do we interpret it?

Is there a default?  If not, then I have to figure out how to do it
all myself--which begs the question of how I can get completely away
from the RoleManager (as a way of short-circuiting the role vs.
full interface name).

Anyway, pointing me in the right direction would help.

Also, what attributes are you using to determine the lifestyle of
a Merlin component with Meta?  If at all possible I would like to
make it standard.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin