avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: upcoming jakarta newsletter
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 13:19:16 GMT
> From: Leo Simons [mailto:lsimons@multimia.com]
>
> anyone submit anything yet?

Yes.

> Otherwise I'll try and find time to write something up.

If you want to add to it, then go ahead.  What I sent in
follows:

The Avalon team has been busy fixing the ills that have plagued their
document building for so long.  It has also been brought to our
attention
that the current avalon skin (derrived from the Tigris/Maven sites)
displays rather poorly with IE 5.5, but ok with many other browsers.
The Avalon team is looking at upgrading the skin shortly, which is
easy to do with the Cocoon doc build system.

In other news, The Avalon team is looking at unifying two of their
component containers.  Merlin and Fortress were being developed with
separate goals in mind, but they both recognize the strengths that
the other container had.  As a result, Fortress will be taking on
the meta-info features of Merlin, and Merlin will be adding the more
robust component instance management of Fortress.