avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Merlin/Fortress update ?
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 13:14:56 GMT
> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@osm.net]
>
> Marcus Crafter wrote:
>
> >What's the latest on the Merlin/Fortress merger ? Was there any
> >progress there while I was away ?
> >
> The latest Merlin news is the completion of pluggable lifecycle
> extensions.

Are you using the same (or essentially the same) classes as in Fortress?
If so, we need to look at moving that into ContainerKit sooner than
later.  Something like this should be done once by a developer and
reused
in whatever other container.

For a feature like this, it is not as important that the feature exists,
but that the feature is useable across all new containers.  Trying to
support two different sets of classes that do the same thing is not
good,
nor is it compatible.

It seems that it is a feature that more than one person wants, it is
something that we can easily include in our containers.

What do you say?

P.S. I will look at the rest of the stuff RSN.  I just wanted to get
this
part cleared up.