avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [BIG PROBLEM]: Order of component initialization
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 14:12:12 GMT

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=101615852003093&w=2 :
> You might want to give the ResourceLimitingJdbcConnectionPool used by the
> ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource class over in the scratchpad.  This pool
> works a little differently
> in that it does not try to pre allocate any connections during
> initialization, but rather waits until they
> are needed.  This pool also handles the DB going down and then coming
> back up without any
> problems.
>
>So far, I believe, it worked alright. Both 2.0.3 and 2.1 use the
>ResourceLinitingJdbcConnectionPool.

Interesting...hm, yes the ResourceLimitingJdbcConnectionPool is used, but
it did not work! At least it did not work when everything is compiled using
JDK 1.4 - perhaps that's the difference, I really don't know.
With the latest patch, this problem is resolved and the components
are initialized in a defined order, which is IMHO better.

Thanks
Carsten