avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject xmlbundle naming issue
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2002 05:05:58 GMT
Hiya,

I was just about to move the XML bundle i18n utilities out of the
all/scratchpad to a top level component. However I noticed that the
associated documentation is in xmlbundle/ product. It seems that when Paul
was breaking out the code that he intended xmlbundle to be used to contain
the xml resource bundles. However later someone started adding xml
utilities into it.

It kinda makes sense that resource bundles done in xml be named xml
bundles, so I was thinking it may be a good idea to rename the xml
utilities to xmlutil (or something). I can do some CVS hacking so we dont
miss out on CVS history. The only real change will be that the jar name
changes from excalibur-xmlbundle.jar to excalibur-xmlutil.jar.

Any objections on me doing the rename?

Cheers,

Peter Donald
everyone gets busy on the proof."