avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Butchered website?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 06:16:34 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can people be a little more careful when updating the website. Someone
> has gone and butchered it .... yet again. Have a look at
> /avalon/excalibur/extension - not long ago it was working fine. If you
> are not willing to do a proper job then please dont do anything at all.

We need validation, with it this wouldn't have happened.

> Please dont update a website unless it is working and DONT break it for
> no apparent reason.
>
> The stylesheets also seems to be fubarred. The background of the content
> pane is sometimes grey, sometimes half-grey and sometimes got grey
> square in left hand corner in IE5.

I took exactly what you use for Phoenix, the same CSS and the same html
code.
I have IE6 and Mozilla1 and I haven't yet had these problems.
Can you please post here the links of the pages that have this problem?

Also, the Javascript is working properly now IIRC, maybe Berin forgot to
update his avalon-site.

> So how long are we going to have to put up with this?

You should know, you put the deadline ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -