avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Before I start on conversion to menu.xml
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:51:54 GMT
Berin, you are duplicating work I've already done and that Forrest is doing.

Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I need to know what will be affected by the move.  Avalon Framework
> will definitely be affected, and Excalibur will be affected.  I believe
> that Peter has already infected Phoenix/Cornerstone/Apps/LogKit.
>
> At this stage, all I am doing is unifying the sourcecode so that it
> behaves the same way with Cocoon and Anakia.  I need to check if there
> are any compatibility issues with Document-v1.1 (Forrest) and Anakia.
>
> My POA for Excalibur is this:
>
> * If a package has /stylesheets/project.xml, move it to /menu.xml

? book is not ok?

> * If a package has /book.xml, convert it to /menu.xml  (almost ready to
> commit)
> * Remove *.uris (they are not used)

+1

> * Remove /images unless there is some document related images (i.e. no
>   theme related images).

Already done for tweety&C.
+1

> * Prepare to remove /dtd directories.  This requires some of the source
>   files to be changed.

+1

>   - I want to add a validation target--we do need to host the DTDs where
>     the validation target will be able to work.

Forrest has/will have it.

> For the other projects, can I get someone to lend a hand?  I want my
> changes to have docs that will render regardless of the generator.
>
> Peter, where is the stuff to render the Anakia docs?  I want to see if
> I can get that to work with the menu.xml file...

We can move to using the stuff I've done to render Forrest docs with
Anakia already.

Do your commit, I will take a look and do the remaining changes tomorrow.

The target is: Forrest DTD + Forrest doc gen.
Let's leave the Anakia doc gen stuff for later if we realize that Cocoon
cannot be made into a sensible CLI program.
I think it can, we should concentrate on that IMHO.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -