avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: doc generation woes
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:36:55 GMT

Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Conclusion:  Anikia is *much* easier to use but less consistent than
> Cocoon.

IE Anakia doesn't complain if you make errors.
Cocoon does, but it's difficult to understand what it says.

Also, you should know where to put the images with the current Cocoon
setup and know that to link to local docs *without* checking the link,
you must use "dir/dir/".
I've committed this change in all the projects moved to Cocoon and wrote
is some times on the list, thought it was known.

> Cocoon appears to have a strong document model and overall
> presents as a more powerful platform but has seriouse problems in error
> management resulting in making it unusable in the time I had available.

It's wrong to say that Cocoon is harder to use, it's just very difficult
for non-Cocooners to understand what the error messages are about.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -