avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon/src/java/org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration ConfigurationUtil.java
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2002 00:51:02 GMT

Peter Royal wrote:

>On Friday 12 July 2002 05:50 pm, Peter Donald wrote:
>

>>At 08:11 PM 7/12/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>>

>>>proyal      2002/07/12 13:11:34
>>>
>>>  Added:       src/java/org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration
>>>                        ConfigurationUtil.java
>>>  Log:
>>>  * Moved from org.apache.excalibur.configuration.ConfigurationUtil
>>>(inside merlin)
>>>   * Added branch() per thread
>>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=102347724100002&r=1&w=2
>>>

>>-1 on addition to framework CVS. Too much clutter and not consistent with
>>the rest of packages. Move to excalibur.util package if it is really
>>desired.
>>

>How about the creation of an excalibur.configuration ?

+1
That's where is was up until a few weeks ago.  I would prefer to see
this as small package containing just the configuration utilities
(CascadingConfiguration, ConfigurationUtil, and other specifically
related to configuration management).  Putting it back under
excalibur/configuration also maintains consistentency with respect to
the other users of the package outside of Avalon.

>Or would you prefer excalibur.util.configuration ?

-1
Clutters up dependecies with extra stuff.

>I'm going to be moving CascadingConfiguration to be visible outside of merlin
>soon too, so it and ConfigurationUtil should live together.

+1

>I'm fine for either approach, but it'll be sat before i get a chance to do so.
>-pete
>
>ps. i have block configuration validation working, expect a commit soon,
>whoho!

What exactly are you validating here ?
Cheers, Steve.

--