avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] What skin to use ( Re: Docs Cleanup )
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 18:22:29 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:
> summarising what I think many people will agree on:
>
> it doesn't have to be perfect, as long as it works, looks reasonably
> well, and is sort-of compatible with the direction the rest of jakarta
> (and apache) is going.
>
> Lots of -/+0 basically means not many people have time / want to make
> time to fix all this. I for one just read the Forrest primer and I
> understood it all and liked it all so everything in that direction is
> cool with me (the fact that we then keep using cocoon is a plus for me).

I'm writing right now the skin based on the phoenix-tigris skin, as it
seems that it's the only contender against the Forrest skin.
We can use Forrest and still use a tigris-like skin.

In this way we would have a skin that is similar to both the old jakarta
skin and the (possibly) new tigris one, and at the same time use Forrest
easily.

In fact the skin stuff is based on the first iteration of Forrest, and
changing to the new DTD will be quite easy.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -