avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Doc Building: What are we doing?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:06:30 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:
> However it is something worthy of a vote on Avalon-Dev.  Present your
> arguments for or against.

Cocoon gives you more flexibility, but it's heavier. Have you tried the
latest Cocoon I put in, it's much faster than the one you used before.

On the other hand Anakia gives you speed. I personally don't give a damn
about speed, since I use a validating XML editor, so I generate the docs
only once a day. Have to generate the docs just to see how it comes out
sucks big time. Wasn't it all about content-view separation? Then
concentrate on the content.

I prefer to have Cocoon, and I think that the current one works ok for
my needs, present and future.

A suggestion: in Centipede, I can use Maven's Anakia to generate the
documentation. In this way Cocoon is used for the real site, Maven's
Anakia for the ones that want speed in the doc writing cycle and don't
use validating parsers.

On the top of this, Forrest uses Cocoon and we're getting ready to
support builds of Apache sites. The Forrest site is autogenerated every
hour and published automatically to http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/ .

I really hope we will use Forrest.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -