avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject Re: [ISSUE] containerkit
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 16:12:15 GMT

Leo Sutic wrote:

>>From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>>
>>To be concrete, this is the Cocoon Context:
>>

>Nicola, I do not understand what you're getting at.
>
>My point is that if the context is only constants that
>are entered by an assembler (a person), then it is not
>different from a Configuration.

Disagree - a configuration is an object model that provides access to
basic types (Strings, booleans, long, int, etc.).  It has no support for
complex types (e.g. java.io.File).  A context object created using
directives prepared by an assembler can contain directives for the
creation of basic AND complex types (see earlier example and
ContextFactory source). I can write directives for creation of objects
with multiple argument constructors - which basically means that minimal
effort is needed.

Cheers, Steve.

>/LS
>

>--