avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Attn: Stephen] ***I Get It Now***
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 19:47:57 GMT

Leo Sutic wrote:
> MicroContainer does not return a service instance, but a proxy
> implementing
> all of the service instance's interfaces.

IMHO we should always handle a proxy, at least for security reasons.
Proxies (however created, personally I build java code automatically
that is compiled on startup), prevent the user from casting to another
type, which could be a security problem.

If we make components created by factories that can (and IMHO should)
return proxies, it's cool :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -