avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Shekhar Jha <shekhar-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [RE: [RE: High Available Multi Instance Avlon Implementation]]
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:08:49 GMT
Thanks for all your responses :)
Any idea about when such a step is scheduled for or has such a process begun.
IMHO such a session on  would help most of us (atleast me :) who are looking
towards using avalon in a HA/Failover scenario. Has such a session happened in
the past on mailing list. any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks
Shekhar

"Berin Loritsch" <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:
> > From: Shekhar Jha [mailto:shekhar-jha@usa.net]
> >
> > Thanks for
> > That solves the problem of the component generation ( even
> > though in this scenario the container has to be aware of the
> > distributed nature of the component and the protocol to
> > generate the proxy??) Let us take an example of a cache
> > implementation that provides the facility of synchronization
> > accross multiple server instance. In that case if we donot
> > have such a network abstraction service the cache needs to
> > develop/pick up an existing network protocol and implement
> > inter cache synchronization process
> > OR
> > if the network service is available it can just post the
> > message to service and donot bother about how the system
> > delivers the message.
> >
> > Am I missing out something that would make the network
> > service redundant.
>
> Keep in mind that we have not addressed all of the issues yet,
> or even started down this road.
>

> > Also would it make more sense for component to decide how it
> > wants to manage the data processing i.e. in distributed mode
> > or local mode OR should container decide that by generating
> > an appropriate proxy for the component i.e.  in a typical
> > distributed scenario in present day (just a guess based on
> > what I have seen in my small life) the emphasis seems to be
> > more on multiple instance of components with ability to talk
> > to each other rather than different components talking to
> > each other over network.
>
> Also keep in mind that we have ConnectionManager components
> (Cornerstone) that will allow any component to register a
> ConnectionHandler object, which will be invoked with every
> connection made.  That ConnectionHandler object takes care
> of the protocol level issues, and interacts with the component
> that registered it in the first place.
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:avalon-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>

Shekhar Jha
2902 Merrywood Drive
Edison, NJ - 08817
Tel. (732) 548-9408 (O) (732)777-2116 (R)