avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [lang] Submission of Avalon.Excalibur.ThreadContext
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:09:25 GMT
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:41, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > One major issue for me is that it is a framework, it has one
> > central class ThreadContext and it is expected that
> > developers will supply their own implementation of a
> > ThreadPolicy. I'm not sure if this is always necessary or if
> > in most cases it functions on its own, it seems to always be
> > necessary.

At this stage it is partially necessary. There is a fairly basic
implementation of the policy I believe. However there is a few "complete"
implementations that can/will be moved back in time (at least when they
stabilize). At which point it will not really be frameworky at all.

However I would recomend holding of moving threadcontext as it is not stable
and still subject to change in future - possibly in backwards incompatible
ways.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald