avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] New cut at Persistable
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 16:48:37 GMT
On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 03:50:35PM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Enclosed below is the interface for a new proposed lifecycle interface. I
> want to test it out with Fortress before committing to anything yet. However,
> it would allow a component to save a working set of data and it's current
> Configuration.  It is meant for components that want to keep track of certain
> information to help them in their decision process.  I don't really have any
> abstraction for data serialization because it is very component specific.
>
> I think this version is better and more complete than the previous one I had.
> I am open to observations, thoughts, etc.

	The interface seems quite similar to java.io.Serializable - other than
	saving the Configuration data in a separate object, what
	differentiates Persistable from	Serializable ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: