avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: Fortress questions
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 10:11:06 GMT
Hi Peter,

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 02:46:09PM -0400, Peter Royal wrote:
> On Monday 08 July 2002 01:21 pm, Marcus Crafter wrote:
> > 	One of my ThreadSafe components wasn't being start()ed until I
> > 	actually looked it up. If I forced sync init, everything worked
> > 	fine, but with async init, it didn't.
>
> Just guessing here, but could another component have stalled the queue?

	Unfortunately not, there was only one component :)

	Thanks for posting the code, none of that CommandManager/ThreadManager
	code is in the current Fortress code base, so I suspect its just
	not being registered (?).

	One other question for you if its ok - in your container, how are
	you solving my first question about getting a component manager
	reference inside of the container ?

	Do you call getComponentManager() somewhere, or access the component
	handlers directly ? or something else ?

...<snip cool code>...

> > 	Unfortunately setCommandQueue(null) does not disable async init,
> > 	as I thought it would due to OverridableContext which throws an
> > 	exception if a null is stored :(
>
> imho we need an explicit way to disable the async.

	*nod* I agree.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: