avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: One Container Revisited
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 17:48:32 GMT

> I am just telling you that getting started with Avalon is
> extremely difficult, even for seasoned Java developers. I would love to
> see it made simpler for my own selfish reasons. And I would like to be
> able to recommend Avalon to someone at a Java Users Group, without them
> coming back to me and saying: "I could not figure out how to get
> started.

I agree with your definition of the problem, but not the solution.

My take on this is that the different comps are not well introduced.  It is related to my
assertion that the term 'Avalon' is misused.  It is a project, but people use it to mean some
interfaces, some utilities, some containers.  We should be real careful with our ose of terms
this mail list and on our web-pages.  This is what I have leared through trying to explain
Avalon is (and is not) to others, including very accomplished developers.  I do not think
wholescale code/package/directory changes are needed.

- Paul

Do You Yahoo!?