avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject [Fwd: Composable and Servicable]
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:15:45 GMT
there's some javadoc errors in the service package. We need to fix ;)

cheers,

- LSD

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Pat Monardo <patmonardo@cox.net>
To: 'Turbine Developers List' <turbine-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Composable and Servicable
Date: 29 Jul 2002 01:55:12 -0700

>>From the Servicable javadoc:

The contract surrounding a Serviceable is that it is a user. The
Serviceable is able to use Objects managed by the ServiceManager it was
initialized with. As part of the contract with the system, the
instantiating entity must call the <compose> method before the
Serviceable can be considered valid

Shouldn't that read must call the <service> method?

So I have been introduced to Composable and Servicable and roles. It
seems Avalon is a dual-interface system as well.
Now I need to learn how components get associated with Component
Managers and Service Managers, not to mention learn more about roles. I
must admit, having struggled through COM+, and finally having come
around to Java Components, it help having everything happen in the
language, so to speak.

Pat