avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CLI] Making Option Extensible
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:54:05 GMT
> To Avaloners: I propose to deprecate the whole Avalon CLI package and
> port all programs using it to the Commons version.

I won't vote till it is clear what the implications will be; which is
exactly the point of this thread innit?

I'd like guarantees that:

- the move will be transparant to end users (ie no change in CLI options
themselves)

- there will be a beta release of Commons CLI soon (I understand phoenix
will go beta soon, it uses CLI, it seems silly to have beta software
depend on a nightly build)

before I can vote +1.

As an aside, it seems to me like both packages are relatively stable and
that they're quite interoperable....it seems there's no need to rush
things.

cheers,

- Leo