avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Before I start on conversion to menu.xml
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:42:46 GMT
On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 16:33, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I need to know what will be affected by the move.  Avalon Framework
> will definitely be affected, and Excalibur will be affected.  I believe
> that Peter has already infected Phoenix/Cornerstone/Apps/LogKit.

Apps uses cocoon, and is mostly broken (plan to fix tomorrow). And you
ment 'affected', not infected. Even if you didn't, make it seem you did
=)

> At this stage, all I am doing is unifying the sourcecode so that it
> behaves the same way with Cocoon and Anakia.  I need to check if there
> are any compatibility issues with Document-v1.1 (Forrest) and Anakia.

there are a few.

> My POA for Excalibur is this:
>
> * If a package has /stylesheets/project.xml, move it to /menu.xml
> * If a package has /book.xml, convert it to /menu.xml  (almost ready to
> commit)
> * Remove *.uris (they are not used)
> * Remove /images unless there is some document related images (i.e. no
>   theme related images).
> * Prepare to remove /dtd directories.  This requires some of the source
>   files to be changed.
>   - I want to add a validation target--we do need to host the DTDs where
>     the validation target will be able to work.

sounds good.

> For the other projects, can I get someone to lend a hand?

You mean with making those changes? After I see it working for
excalibur, definately =)

>  I want my
> changes
> to have docs that will render regardless of the generator.

I want them to work with the right DTD; don't care which generator, as
long as there is one =)

> Peter, where is the stuff to render the Anakia docs?  I want to see if
> I can get that to work with the menu.xml file...

it's in jakarta-site and jakarta-site2, mostly. The custom configuration
is, according to this ant snippet (from phoenix/docs.xml):

        <anakia basedir="${xdocs.dir}"
            destdir="${docs.dir}"
            style="docs.vsl"
            projectfile="stylesheets/project.xml"
            includes="**/*.xml"
            excludes="stylesheets/** history/** changes.xml
announcement.xml"

velocitypropertiesfile="${xdocs.dir}/stylesheets/velocity.properties"
            />

in the file xdocs/stylseheets/docs.vsl. To use a different file you'd
have to modify the projectfile="" and includes="" properties of all
anakia tasks in all documentation.

To use a different DTD you need to modify docs.vsl; it would probably be
best to create a custom velocity.jar though as there's quite a bit of
stuff hardwired into the sources.

greetz,

- Leo