avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] change license header
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 14:43:56 GMT
The ASF board requires us to include the full ASF license in all source
code. We currently don't; we should change this.

The proposal is simply that we do.

I'm putting this up for vote as there was previously a -1 on this
subject. I'd say this is a lazy vote (it is not something we actually
have a right to vote about). Any -1 will result in me getting in touch
with the PMC to have them invalidate the -1 if appropriate, as I have
recently understood that is the proper action to be taken.

anyway,

here's my +1.

cheers,

- Leo Simons

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org>
To: Avalon Developer's List <avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: [RANT] Arbitrary Changes Have To Stop
Date: 08 Jul 2002 09:45:50 -0400

<snip>

Source code header files.  By mandate of Apache Software Foundation
(higher
   than Jakarta or XML project committes) we *need* the full version.  I
started
   to put them in, but someone reverted them.  I am not going to fight
it in
   CVS, so let's get it done here.  Stefano already took it as high as
he could,
   so until we have the version 2.0 license available, we need to use
the full
   version.

<snip>