avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [VOTE] What skin to use ( Re: Docs Cleanup )
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:39:36 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>
> Sorry, I really thought that it had been voted before I came
> in. My fault.  :-/
>
> What do others think of this?
> I'm reasonably sure that Jakarta will get the tigris skin quite soon,
> and the turbine project already has.
>
> Let's come up with a single skin to use, and IMHO it's a
> majority vote.
>
> [+1]avalon-site

-1 for the reasons already stated.

* too many boxes breaking up the screen so that it is hard to
  focus on the content
* Looks like we belong to another project--not Jakarta

> [-0]current jakarta-site

-1 It is two steps back (i.e. worse than what the real current
   Jakarta is)

> [-1]last avalon skin

+0.5  There aren't too many boxes breaking up the screen, and
      the colors are pleasing.

> [+0]tigris skin (ie used by Maven)

+0.5  I like the layout--it looks nice, and it is easy to work
      with.  I also like the metrics on the real Maven site,
      which we can work in, no matter what theme we use.

> []other

+1 I think that we should have a pleasing site with a predominately
   white background--including the header.  Combining the strengths
   of Maven, Krisalys, and Jakarta sites, we can come up with something
   really nice.  The overall look/feel of the Maven site is easy to
   work use--however the header should be white, and we should reduce
   the use of the big block titles.  If they are used at all, it should
   only be on the first level.