avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Docs Cleanup
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:07:10 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > We have no less than three different styles for Avalon.  This is
> > confusing. There is the modified Jakarta skin, the default
> centipede
> > skin, and Phoenix's Maven like skin.
>
> This is a nice proposal.
>
> To make a new skin, anyone can just check it in the
> jakarta-avalon and
> test it with the -Duse.skin=XXX trick.
>
> To see how to write a skin, the basic skin is there for this purpose.
>
> Personally this doesn't give me an itch, the avalon-site skin
> is ok for
> me, but if someone makes up an image with the possible view made from
> the combination of the skins, it would be easy to make it.

I really don't care to write another skin--that would just exacerbate
the problem.  The basic fundamental problem is that we have three
different
skins, and we need to fix it.  We need one skin.  As a general rule, we
have last agreed to the Avalon (modified Jakarta) skin.

We should standardize on it.

And it is a note to say that the breadcrumb trail is *broken* and there
is no example of how to fix it.  I am a busy man, and I just want things
to work.