avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [lang] Submission of Avalon.Excalibur.ThreadContext
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:04:53 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>
> Basically, take the excalibur left-hand menu.
>
> - Containers -> stay in excalibur
> - Components -> new cornerstone
> - Resource Managers -> dunno
> - Testing and Analysis -> dunno
> - Utilities -> *all* to commons (except the ones improperly here)
>
> This is how I see the new excalibur, what do you think?
> What should we do about Resource Managers? Make them just
> new-cornerstone components?
> Testing and Analysis can just remain part of excalibur.

:/

Resource Managers and Testing and Analysis should stay in
Excalibur.  We need the testing harness for components so
that we can write proper tests for them.

The original concept was for Excalibur to house general Avalon
components and Cornerstone to house Phoenix components.  I would
be -1 on any movement of the components to cornerstone until
we have an official specification for Avalon components.