avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Fortres: async/sync init
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:04:32 GMT
> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@osm.net]
>
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> >>From: Marcus Crafter [mailto:crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net]
> >>>
> >>	Ok. Where should we specify such a line ? in the roles
> >>file on the
> >>	root element ? per component along with the handler definition ?
> >>	or in the xconf file with the handler definition ?
> >>
> >>	Thoughts ?
> >
> >Per the container.
> >

> Disagree.
> It is totally reasonable to declar thias at the component
> profile level. Why should this be generalized to the
> container level? Steve.

How would you handle this sort of thing in Merlin?  It is something
that you would find in the component descriptor, or in the
configuration.
Right now, we have it set up so that the decision for async
initialization
is done per component.  However, it is easy enough to change to per
component.  I would still advocate the attribute to be applied to the
container as a default if no init policy is selected on the
per-component
level.