avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Merging Instrumentation
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:10:30 GMT
It seems to me somewhat odd to have three different projects associated
with
instrumentation.  It is essentially one project, with three jars.  I
would like
to merge instrument, instrument-client, and instrument-manager into just
one
repository: instrument.

I want to maintain the code bases as separate, so it would be something
like
this:

instrument/
    examples/
      client/
      manager/
    src/
      client/
         java/
         test/
      manager/
         java/
         test/
      interface/
         java/
         test/
      xdocs/

It would continue to output three jars, but for projects that want to
integrate,
they don't have to provide hooks for up to three different instrument
packages.
It would be represented by only one dependency.

I agree that the jars should remain separate.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin