avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Summary] Avalon 5 ComponentManager interface
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:52:29 GMT

Leo Sutic wrote:
> Carsten,
>
> you are right - everything gets a little bit more complicated.

Yes, and this is the thing that worries me - I know a lot of people
saying "Avalon is too complicated" and this makes it even a little
bit more complicated,

> But you can easily simplify it with a "golden hammer" solution.
> As my example shows, just add one attribute to each component
> declaration, and reshuffle your code a little teensy weensy bit,
> and you will have the same usage pattern over and over again.
> Just like now. There won't be 10000 usage patterns.

And as a final argument against this is upgrading from 4.x to 5.0
which not only requires recompiling, but also recoding (ok, this
is acceptable if there are only a few cases) but even using a
different pattern.

Carsten