avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The need for 'hints'
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:38:58 GMT
On Monday 17 June 2002 08:47 pm, Peter Donald wrote:
> Does that make it any clearer?
> The key points are;
>
> * separating the lookup key for dependency from set of constraints
> associated with dependency
> * simplifying interface from user perspective and making it harder to abuse
> the
> * separating out separate stages/views (ie assembler vs develoepr view).
> * easing product evolution

I read your posts, and agree with you 100%.

Having worked with Phoenix (*and* Cocoon/ECM) I came to the understanding
that you and Stephen are promoting the correct solution. And the common
metainfo discussions are the path that we should be persuing with vigor at
the moment.

I'm just not as good as you at the clever and sarcastic explanations (plus
i'm *really* busy in real life at the moment :)
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org