avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] avalon 5 ComponentManager interface
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 00:36:07 GMT
On Tuesday 11 June 2002 08:33 pm, Peter Donald wrote:
> Even if you no go the path of the GeneratorManager, Would it not be wiser
> to generate an object per-path through pipeline. Something along the lines
> of
>
> class PipelinePath53
> {
>   private static final String GEN_FILE = Generator.ROLE + "/file";
>   private static final String TRAN_XSLT = Transformer.ROLE + "/xslt";

Except that the sitemap (where the pipelines are defined) is no longer
converted to java code, its interpreted.

The composite value could still be stored as a variable though. You might be
able to dynamically select the component to use at runtime though, I'm not
sure if the variable substitution is possible on the component type..

But I do agree with you, there is no specific need for a ComponentSelector,
nor have I seen an example that *requires* a hint, they can all be refactored
into a single lookup key.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org